Navigating








Previous Posts
Judy's Macaroni Salad
Welcome to Rose's Kitchen!
Generally Food
Test Kitchen
My Restaurant Reviews
Cook the Book: Baking by Dorie Greenspan
Meal Diary
Bentos
From the Formica Top
Eating Locally
Foodie Blog Roll
Just Bento
Chez Pim
Amateur Gourmet
Serious Eats
Traveler's Lunchbox
Foodie Farmgirl
Always in the Kitchen
Dorie Greenspan
From the Formica Top: Mini Iron Chef - Angus Beef Marinating Steak
Monday, March 06, 2006
From the Formica Top #1
What's been going on around my kitchen lately

Mini Iron Chef - Angus Beef Marinating Steak
So, to test myself, I have decided to take a piece of Angus beef marinating steak we bought at the grocery store (weighing in at 1.92 lbs) and create four almost tapas like dishes with it for dinner tonight. I am not sticking to the 1 hour time limit at all. I got this crackpot idea at 11:30pm last night, so I started prep work. A little manic? Perhaps...or maybe I just wasn't sleepy after that nap at a quarter to six at night.

So, this is the menu, and I'll let you know how it goes...

Steak Sandwich with caramelized onions, scallion mayonaise and melted taco-blend cheeses
(steak marinaded in onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Goya Sazon with cilantro and annato, Goya Recaito and extra virgin olive oil)

Chicken-Fried Steak Strips with barbecue dipping sauce
(batter made from flour, cornmeal and herbs; steak marinaded in Worcestershire sauce and Goya Adobo with cumin)

Steak Bruschetta with prosciutto, melted mozzarella, tomato and garlic-herb butter
(steak marinaded in red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, lots of garlic and extra virgin olive oil)

Steak Pepper Potato Layer with beef gravy and orange zest
(steak marinaded in Worcestershire sauce, juice of one orange and Goya Adobo with cumin)

I think Lenny's pretty damn lucky...
posted by Starry Saltwater Rose @ 9:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Starry Rose
Home: New Haven, CT

A writer, cook, book-addict, foodie and pagan

Me on the Web
My deviantART Gallery
Myspace Profile
My Delicious
See my complete profile
Understar Collective
All of my blogs
Understar Productions
Starry Saltwater
Twinkle Ink
Understar Photography
Estrella's Journal
Stellar Reaction
Archives
Credits
Template edited by me
Template created by Isnaini.com
Graphics created by me
Photoshop brushes from Special-K-001
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER