Navigating








Previous Posts
Chili
From the Formica Top: Mabon Dinner
String Bean Bake
Good Bread Stuffing
Spinach Artichoke Dip
PR Style Roasted Chicken
Wooster Park Market: Everything Promised and More!
Butternut Squash Soup
Salsa Verde
Peach Pie
Foodie Blog Roll
Just Bento
Chez Pim
Amateur Gourmet
Serious Eats
Traveler's Lunchbox
Foodie Farmgirl
Always in the Kitchen
Dorie Greenspan
From the Formica Top: Cheat Day Luncheon
Thursday, October 04, 2007
From the Formica Top #3
What's going on around my kitchen lately

Cheat Day Luncheon
So, I completely disrupt my healthy eating once a week and take advantage of that day to make things that are both new and a bit gourmet. After last week's cheat at the oh-so-not-sophisticated Texas Roadhouse (I was going to write a review, but no one that likes good, unique food would even think of eating at a franchise where the goal is to appeal to the lowest common denominator, so it would be silly to say I didn't really like it), I think I deserve something amazing.

And so I have assembled a late luncheon menu that I am so excited about that I've started wearing a bib to catch all the drool.

A Food Network Newsletter that included a link to recipes for farm produce led me to Everyday Italian Giada DiLaurentis' recipe for Butternut Squash Tortellini in Brown Butter Sauce.

A mostly intact container of chevre goat cheese from Beltane Farm (purchased at last week's Wooster Park market which I wrote about recently here) and my current obsession with cheesy risotto (uhm, there's some simmering now) inspired me to look for a recipe for goat cheese risotto. I got a quite a few recipes from my Googling, but decided on doing it myself, because none of them looked appetizing. I'll let you know how it goes. Plus write notes so I can actually tell you what I did. Seriously...beets in risotto?

Serious Eats' current obsession with grilled cheese sandwiches and the 1/3 of a pound of Pleasant Cow cheese has me twisting new recipes in my head. What about a little of that local honey, lightly spread, on those fantastic sourdough boules from the Farmers Market, with the cheese, grilled with butter (for sure!).

Such an earthy meal deserves a good cup of chai.

Anyone want to come to a late lunch on Saturday?
posted by Rose @ 8:32 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Starry Rose
Home: New Haven, CT

A writer, cook, book-addict, foodie and pagan

Me on the Web
My deviantART Gallery
Myspace Profile
My Delicious
See my complete profile
Understar Collective
All of my blogs
Understar Productions
Starry Saltwater
Twinkle Ink
Understar Photography
Estrella's Journal
Stellar Reaction
Archives
Credits
Template edited by me
Template created by Isnaini.com
Graphics created by me
Photoshop brushes from Special-K-001
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER