Navigating








Previous Posts
From the Formica Top: Cheat Day Luncheon
Chili
From the Formica Top: Mabon Dinner
String Bean Bake
Good Bread Stuffing
Spinach Artichoke Dip
PR Style Roasted Chicken
Wooster Park Market: Everything Promised and More!
Butternut Squash Soup
Salsa Verde
Foodie Blog Roll
Just Bento
Chez Pim
Amateur Gourmet
Serious Eats
Traveler's Lunchbox
Foodie Farmgirl
Always in the Kitchen
Dorie Greenspan
Exploring CT Resources
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Although September is over, which was the official Eat Local Challenge month, I am still really interested in keeping it up. Of course, the challenge is that winter is coming, so I have to figure out how to preserve things and new recipes for foods that I've never cooked before. And I've been looking at restaurants that buy local (Chez Panisse style). In this research mode, I've found some good resources. I've already extolled the virtues of the Cityseed Farmers Markets (here and here), but I've found a few other helpful things in my quest to eat locally:

Zinc, a restaurant on Chapel Street in New Haven, has a market fresh menu on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Anyone want to save up a little money and go with me to see what this tastes like?

Cityseed has a Connecticut Crop Calendar of what is in season when, which is helpful for planning what I'll be cooking.

HarvestEating.com has a whole slew of video recipes for seasonal eating. You can search them by season, too.

Not that I know where Wilton, CT is, but the restaurant The Schoolhouse at Cannondale is apparently really into local ingredients in their menu items.

Bishop's Orchards has a farm market and is only in Guilford, which isn't that far.

Seasonal Eating is a blog focusing on...okay, that should be obvious.

That's about it...for now.
posted by Rose @ 8:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Starry Rose
Home: New Haven, CT

A writer, cook, book-addict, foodie and pagan

Me on the Web
My deviantART Gallery
Myspace Profile
My Delicious
See my complete profile
Understar Collective
All of my blogs
Understar Productions
Starry Saltwater
Twinkle Ink
Understar Photography
Estrella's Journal
Stellar Reaction
Archives
Credits
Template edited by me
Template created by Isnaini.com
Graphics created by me
Photoshop brushes from Special-K-001
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER