| Cheesy Risotto (Low Calorie Style)
| Sunday, September 09, 2007
|Something I missed when dieting was a big bowl of cheesy risotto, so I modified the recipe and have had at least two bowls of this yummy stuff in the last week.
1/2 cup of chopped onion
2 slices of Hebrew National Lean Beef Salami, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup of arborio (risotto) rice
1 cup of chicken stock (I used Emeril's because that's what they had)
2 teaspoons of Reduced Fat Kraft Parmesan
1 Kraft Polly-O 2% String Cheese
1. Give a small saucepan a little spritz with cooking spray.
2. Saute the chopped onions until they caramelize. If you're using the salami, crisp it up after the onions have started to caramelize.
3. Throw in the risotto, give another spray and just let it become a little transparent.
4. Pour in half the cup of chicken stock, stir, turn stove down to simmer. Add a couple shakes of the saltshaker. Stir every once in a while until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, stir, keep an eye on it until it's almost all absorbed. Repeat with the last of the stock.
6. Once most of the liquid is absorbed, add the parmesan cheese and string cheese. Stir until melted.
7. Serve it up in a bowl and chow!
Calories and Fat
Without salami: 305 calories, 5 grams of fat
With salami: 350 calories, 7.5 grams of fat
|posted by Rose @ 8:46 PM