Navigating








Previous Posts
Thanks 07 Report #1: Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Local Mac 'n' Cheese
My First Bento
From the Formica Top: I Tried Tofu (+ More)
My Alice Waters Sighting
Goat Cheese Risotto
Exploring CT Resources
From the Formica Top: Cheat Day Luncheon
Chili
From the Formica Top: Mabon Dinner
Foodie Blog Roll
Just Bento
Chez Pim
Amateur Gourmet
Serious Eats
Traveler's Lunchbox
Foodie Farmgirl
Always in the Kitchen
Dorie Greenspan
Thanks 07 Report #2: Crumbs (Garlic and Herb)
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
This is a duplicate post for today, 11/20, from my Starry Saltwater blog, detailing the journey to Thanksgiving Day 2007:

Thanksgiving Tasks Completed


Yesterday (11/19)
  • First shopping trip (which involved a drive to Wallingford, due to a water main breaking on Rt. 80, near the Walmart Supercenter I wanted to go to)
  • Lenny and Tom assembled my kitchen table (and I am completely charmed by its delicious clean lines and all the walking space in the kitchen--it makes me absurdly happy, so there might be something to this feng shui thing)

Thanksgiving Tasks To Do Today

Today (11/20)
  • Make something for work potluck
  • Make cornbread to go stale
  • 2nd shopping trip
  • Roast pumpkin
  • What about plates? I hate paper plates, but don't have enough nice ones...
  • Plus lots more I haven't figured out yet

Trickle, Trickle, Drop, Drop

No fire in my oven! My neighbors had be thoroughly OCD'ed out when I mentioned I cleaned my oven, swearing I had to clean every crevice to get all the oven cleaner out, or I'd have a fire. Sheesh. Don't they know?

I've been washing my face with a washcloth and it is a very calming ritual.

I got homesick yesterday shopping. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in years and I'd love to shove my mom out of the kitchen to "do it up" for them, although I suppose part of the fun is that everyone cooks together. All right, all right. I'd let them help.

And there I go, making light of an unpleasant feeling. I miss my family.

It's Tuesday and I'm making rice con salchichas for the Thanksgiving potluck at my youth program. One of the kids asked for "the rice with the little sausages in it." So I oblige. Plus, I figured I'd make an extra cornbread, since I made two to let get stale for stuffing. So there.

R, the cartoonist teaching my kids to draw comics, seems to like chatting with me and I see, in his eyes, the same hunger for another artist that might actually know what they're talking about.

I completely forgot to talk to Janeen about this video project thing.

Ooooh, my first video blog is coming up soon. Stay tuned!

I'm already on version 2 of my menu, and version 3 seems very close. Although I'll get to five drafts before the end of the day.

Gotta go...
posted by Rose @ 8:24 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Starry Rose
Home: New Haven, CT

A writer, cook, book-addict, foodie and pagan

Me on the Web
My deviantART Gallery
Myspace Profile
My Delicious
See my complete profile
Understar Collective
All of my blogs
Understar Productions
Starry Saltwater
Twinkle Ink
Understar Photography
Estrella's Journal
Stellar Reaction
Archives
Credits
Template edited by me
Template created by Isnaini.com
Graphics created by me
Photoshop brushes from Special-K-001
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER