Navigating








Previous Posts
Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Redesign! (Not Quite Done)
Meal Diary: Dinner - Chicken Tikka Masala with Grains
Meal Diary: Lunch - Chicken Sausage on Bread
Introducing the Meal Diary
Cook the Book: Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops
Cook the Book: Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Fro...
I'm Cooking This Book: Baking by Dorie Greenspan
Triple Protein Bento
From the Formica Top: Thanksgiving Coverage
Foodie Blog Roll
Just Bento
Chez Pim
Amateur Gourmet
Serious Eats
Traveler's Lunchbox
Foodie Farmgirl
Always in the Kitchen
Dorie Greenspan
Interesting Things on Foodie Blogs
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Since I read a few different foodie blogs, I thought I'd let you in on a few nifty things I've seen lately...

@Serious Eats
If you don't read Serious Eats and you love food, I definitely recommend it! They do a great job and Dorie Greenspan runs a column there called Baking with Dorie.

Photo of the Day: Edible Tic Tac Toe
- I love the Photo of the Day posts; there's always something interesting!

Barbecue Turkey Meatball Sliders - I think these are a nice lean alternative for Superbowl snacking.

Sunday Brunch: Dorie Greenspan's Oatmeal Breakfast Bread
- Nothing that's come out of Dorie's Baking: From My Home to Yours has been bad and I'm excited to try this particular recipe.

Chocolate Purist: An Interview with Sam Madell - Incredibly enlightening information about chocolate farming and production, refuting any idea that "all chocolate is organic" and discussing the political/economic ramifications of cocoa farmers.


@Amateur Gourmet
Adam is funny and doesn't pound you over the head with elitism. I like him an awful lot. He also wrote a book, The Amateur Gourmet.

Egg Salad Soliloquy - A letter from Egg Salad, with some interesting tips (you mean, there's a way to boil an egg and not get a green ring?).

Alice Waters Shopping at the Union Square Green Market - Where else, but on the Amateur Gourmet?


@Farmgirl Fare
A city girl turned country farmer, almost all of her recipes fall into the slow food/seasonal recipes/local eating category.

The Year in Bread has some fantastic recipes I must try!

Her collection of heart rocks is charming. And a bizarre, in the "Is the earth talking to her?" kind of way.


Other Food Blogs I Read
Have I done this before?

Just Bento - As I am now a bento-luncher, I love her ideas, especially since she focuses on healthy (not cute) bento.

Eggbeater - Shuna has some really interesting and eye-opening things to say about the food industiry. And the way she writes about creating pastry and desserts is inspirational.

Matt Bites - A foodie and a photographer, he straddles two of my great interests/hobbies/someday-maybe careers.


posted by Rose @ 6:55 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Starry Rose
Home: New Haven, CT

A writer, cook, book-addict, foodie and pagan

Me on the Web
My deviantART Gallery
Myspace Profile
My Delicious
See my complete profile
Understar Collective
All of my blogs
Understar Productions
Starry Saltwater
Twinkle Ink
Understar Photography
Estrella's Journal
Stellar Reaction
Archives
Credits
Template edited by me
Template created by Isnaini.com
Graphics created by me
Photoshop brushes from Special-K-001
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER