Navigating








Previous Posts
Experimenting: Butternut Squash Pancakes
Picnic Bento
From the Formica Top #6: Test Kitchen (+ Other Thi...
Interesting Things on Foodie Blogs
Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
Redesign! (Not Quite Done)
Meal Diary: Dinner - Chicken Tikka Masala with Grains
Meal Diary: Lunch - Chicken Sausage on Bread
Introducing the Meal Diary
Cook the Book: Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops
Foodie Blog Roll
Just Bento
Chez Pim
Amateur Gourmet
Serious Eats
Traveler's Lunchbox
Foodie Farmgirl
Always in the Kitchen
Dorie Greenspan
Experimenting: Butternut Squash Update
Thursday, February 07, 2008
The butternut squash quinoa applesauce (abbreviated to BSQIAS and then playfully named Basqias) muffins were good. They need another 1/4 cup of flour, and the white flour should be half white flour and half whole wheat, but they're good. I do like them.

Not so much the butternut squash quinoa applesauce cream cheese mash. Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

And making it into a custard? Yeah, no way. After further examination, that wouldn't be the best combination. Although adding quinoa to an omelette is not a bad idea.

And the malted milk muffins? They worked really, really well. But I want to up that malted taste very, very badly. And I think some chocolate would be a-okay. I think, calorie-wise, they can totally swing it. And I was so proud of myself, because I got them to puff up good. Yay, chemistry!

Oh--and I had a grilled cheese of provolone and prosciutto with a little raspberry honey drizzled over two slices of homemade millet quinoa whole wheat bread (I call this Saturday Farm bread, because I was inspired by a loaf I had when I had egg salad when I visited Kim at the Farm). You know you wish you were me.

I know, I know. Photos. I promise, soon.
posted by Rose @ 9:27 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Starry Rose
Home: New Haven, CT

A writer, cook, book-addict, foodie and pagan

Me on the Web
My deviantART Gallery
Myspace Profile
My Delicious
See my complete profile
Understar Collective
All of my blogs
Understar Productions
Starry Saltwater
Twinkle Ink
Understar Photography
Estrella's Journal
Stellar Reaction
Archives
Credits
Template edited by me
Template created by Isnaini.com
Graphics created by me
Photoshop brushes from Special-K-001
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER