Navigating








Previous Posts
Eating At Miya in New Haven, CT
Simple Turkey Chili (Low Calorie Style)
Eat Local Challenge and Me
Edgewood Park Farmers Market
Cheesy Risotto (Low Calorie Style)
Bar Harbor Seafood Dip
Fiddlehead Quiche
Pork Dumplings
Chicken-Fried Steak Strips
From the Formica Top: Mini Iron Chef - Angus Beef ...
Foodie Blog Roll
Just Bento
Chez Pim
Amateur Gourmet
Serious Eats
Traveler's Lunchbox
Foodie Farmgirl
Always in the Kitchen
Dorie Greenspan
Farmer's Breakfast, Local Style
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Sunday morning is the only time I actually get to make breakfast and it's usually for Lenny. Otherwise, omelettes are relegated to dinner. And I've been known to make pancakes for the same. But this morning, Lenny was home (which was a nice surprise, because he was supposed to work) and I had my bounty from the market (more about that in another post), plus new Calphalon cookware. So I made a fairly basic breakfast, all dressed up: local kielbasa and three eggs over easy (from Four Mile River Farm), with a salsa verde (I have to post this recipe, because it's amazing--plus, I made it with local tomatillos) and a little hot sauce, with local bread toasted and buttered on the side. I really wish I had local butter.

The Calphalon omelette pan was amazing. I have never made such perfect fried eggs. No busted yolks. I was able to flip them just right. Honestly, they were fairly expensive, next to all the other sets in Target, but a good friend gave me a $100 gift card, which defrayed the cost. I was so impressed with their performance, though. I've been using a cheapie set for years, so to have something with some heft and quality is amazing.

Here it is, Lenny's local breakfast:

posted by Rose @ 11:35 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Starry Rose
Home: New Haven, CT

A writer, cook, book-addict, foodie and pagan

Me on the Web
My deviantART Gallery
Myspace Profile
My Delicious
See my complete profile
Understar Collective
All of my blogs
Understar Productions
Starry Saltwater
Twinkle Ink
Understar Photography
Estrella's Journal
Stellar Reaction
Archives
Credits
Template edited by me
Template created by Isnaini.com
Graphics created by me
Photoshop brushes from Special-K-001
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER